Lewisville Dangerous Intersection Lawyers
Car Accidents at Hazardous Intersections
Intersections are hot spots for all kinds of accidents, including rear-end accidents and devastating T-bone accidents. Though the majority of intersection accidents can be attributed to inattention, speeding, or other forms of driver error, some can be explained by improper signage or dangerous road conditions. Not all intersections are designed well; some are more dangerous than others, sometimes by a significant degree. Even if you are the safest motorist around, you may encounter a higher risk of accident just by traversing a dangerous intersection. That's why it is important to know the most notorious intersections in your neighborhood.
The experienced Lewisville car accident lawyers at Steele Law, P.C. have seen the impacts intersection accidents can have on victims firsthand. We have provided the following information in hope that it'll help you avoid a devastating intersection accident. However, if you have already suffered injuries or the death of a loved one due to an intersection accident, please get in touch with us today so we can help you get what you need to recover from your losses. We provide free consultations at (214) 333-4357.
The Most Dangerous Intersections in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
The list below includes some of the most dangerous intersections in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. When travelling, try to find alternate routes that do not involve any of the following in order to minimize your risk of an accident:
- TX-121 & Preston Road (A State Farm study indicates that it is the 8th most dangerous intersection in all of the United States)
- Hebron Parkway & Highway 121
- Hebron Parkway & Old Denton Road
- Park Lane & Preston Road
- Belt Line Road & MacArthur Boulevard
- Coit Road & I-635
- North Dallas Tollway & Parker Road
- TX-121 & Custer Road
- TX-121 & North Dallas Tollway
- I-35 & I-635
- Irving Boulevard & Story Road
- John Carpenter Freeway & TX-161
- Josey Lane & Valwood Parkway
- MacArthur Boulevard & Sandy Lake Road
- Marsh Lane & Frankford Road
- Northwest Highway & North Dallas Tollway
- Preston & I-635
- Belt Line Road & TX-183
- Irving Boulevard & Loop 12
- Custer Road & Spring Creek Parkway
- Legacy Drive & Alma Drive
- Spring Creek Parkway & Coit Road
- Plano Parkway & North Dallas Tollway
It may be extremely inconvenient or impossible to avoid these intersections completely. If you must go through any of the intersections mentioned above, please do so with extreme caution.
What are the Common Causes of Intersection Accidents?
Intersection accidents are primarily caused by various negligent and/or reckless behaviors on the part of motorists, including speeding, distracted driving, fatigue, and drunk driving. However, there are instances in which the driver does not have any control over the situation. For example, a defective vehicle part may fail, causing an accident, or an intersection may be badly designed, making it conducive to crashes.
Contrary to its original intent, Dallas's "Stop on Red" program may actually cause more accidents than prevent them. Fearing a ticket, drivers often rush through yellow lights or stop abruptly at intersections with surveillance cameras, significantly heightening the accident risk. It is up to policymakers to reconsider this recently enacted program.
How to Avoid an Intersection Accident
Firstly, adhere to right-of-way rules and pay attention to the road. These are the most basic tenets of safe driving. Also, keep in mind the following guidelines when approaching and crossing an intersection:
- Slow down and scan the intersection thoroughly.
- Define a "point of no return" which, once crossed, forces you to commit to crossing the intersection rather than braking erratically.
- Let go of the gas when entering an intersection and look out for any oncoming vehicles. Accelerate once you are past the midway point.
- When coming to a stop, look at your rear view mirror for any speeding or distracted drivers who may rear end you and take the appropriate measures to avoid such an incident.
- Always be ready to break when crossing an intersection. You never know when an emergency situation may present itself.
As long as you drive smart and stay vigilant, you will likely get to your destination without incident. However, if you experience an accident due to no fault of your own, you should consult with an attorney right away and pursue compensation for all relevant damages.
Caring Personal Injury Attorneys
Attorney Dina Steele and her legal team treat clients like family, addressing and respecting their needs. If you want quality legal representation from a lawyer who is genuinely concerned over the interests of her clients, contact our personal injury law office today at (214) 333-9393.